No socks – a new fashion trend… seriously?

A friend of mine told me this morning I had deceived her as a fashion adviser for not telling her about a fashion trend that, apparently, it’s been going hot in sunny and warm England, where she’s currently at for a course. Apparently, everyone there told her it was totally in to not wear socks (however invisible), in dress shoes…


My answer was plain and simple: I don’t recommend trends that I don’t consider practical.


“But you’re our favourite fashion freak!” – many of you will say, without argument from me but… Lets be honest here: Shoes & no socks in winter? Seriously? I know it’s hot, I know it’s trendy, but… is it practical? Hell, no No socks in the Madrid winter = frostbite leading to double-foot amputation.


To be completely honest, it shouldn’t have surprised me… at all. Last Saturday, in a freezing as hell night in Madrid, one of the girls I was going out with decided not to wear socks with her leggings and dress shoes because it wasn’t fashionable. The rest of us were wearing our coats, winter tights, scarf… and so on, and even like that, I couldn’t stop my teeth from chattering furiously in the 5 minutes it took us to grab a taxi.


“Have you heard about crystal tights?” I told her… “you know, those you wear but that are barely seen?”


“Yes, but they’re not fashionable”


RRRRRRRRRRRRRight.




Are fashion trends an “obey at all cost Bible?” In this particular case, I’d rather be a little less glamorous and warm than die frozen.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Ilustraciones Chez Agnes: Bienvenida primavera

Los broches de Lea Stein