This piano man from Britain gives one heck of a show

Damn! I’m so uttterly tired this morning… took me 10 minutes to get up (when normally just a jump). Then again, that’s what happens when you go to bed well after 2 during weekdays. I seriously need to catch up with my sleep hours and get my much needed beauty sleep. With work + decision making class (2 hours) I can already tell is going to be hell of a long day… I told my Canadian friend Jan the other day: it’s raining in world-wide-known-to-be-sunny-always Spain. It’s been raining in Madrid for, what? 2 weeks now? And hard, I dare say. So much, I think I might be falling for the rain (smirk)… Which reminds me of Jamie, and yesterday’s concert, the reason I am so utterly tired today… it was fantastic, really. I just wished it stopped for a while… something like an afternoon or so, so I could be able to wear my new high-heels. They have been desperately shouting at me from their Zara bag (from where I haven’t yet got the courage to take out) for a week now, craving to be worn. I just can’t do this to them, it’s for their own good… sometimes I can’t help but wonder what possessed me onto buying them, probable that sickening and intoxicating emotion you feel when you buy new shoes. Some people say it’s because women have it in their genes… but who am I to discuss such a statement? Now, back to the concert, cause there’s SO much to say. Belle thought after seeing Jamie in Tivoli (with that magic surroundings in wonderful CPH) his performance wasn’t much of a surprise even though she admitted it was a great concert. I can agree on the surprise point, but frankly, I had so much fun and I was so engrossed in the atmosphere (well, let’s better say centred in Cullum) that I couldn’t care less. Before Cullum, some very strange guys played, though, Nizlopi (never heard of them) but the strangest thing was that there was a tiny wooden sailor figure on the floor, as you can see in the picture, which disappeared with them…

And then he came in, and with it that storm of music that made me had sooo much fun. After complimenting our weather, which, he said, reminded him of home, Jamie finally started. Here is the setlist, at least the songs I remember...
  • Get your way - The screen had the video playing along with the band. That was fun, and besides, he becomes crazy singing it sooo
  • I get a kick outta you.
  • Photograph - This was fabulous cause the screen was scrolling through some pics of when Jamie was little...and they were sooooo cute! There was one where he was holding up a little kitten at like age 7 or 8 I think. Soooo adorable!
  • Seven days – This song is quite nice…
  • Next year baby - one of my personal faves that I've never had the pleasure of hearing live and I was soooo excited when he started singing it.
  • So sick/Sexyback/Golddigger/Don't cha/Frontin medley - This was awesome! Sexyback and dont cha were awesome! He threw in the little "Dont cha wish your boyfriend was short like me" line, which was hilarious…
  • Teardrop – Well, this is certainly not a Jamie Cullum song, but from Massive Attack. It was particularly funny for me since it’s the music of the opening credits from House MD which, by the way, I was missing because of being in the concert. Serendipity.
  • How deep is the ocean (how high is the sky) into What a difference a day made - Beautiful...I nearly cried.
  • These are the days - He divided the audience into two parts to sing the brass parts, just like he did in CPH… “You don’t have to be loud; you just have to be beautiful”
  • Twentysomething - with a fabulous Seb solo. I totally love this song, it’s so energetic. They keep playing a very cool video along with the lyrics on the backround…
  • London skies - Fabulous of course with a little intro about the song being about the shitty weather in London. He threw in a little Madrid skies lyric too.
  • Also had that whole Brazilian drum section where he got to beat the huge drum he loves so much… the Sinatra In Sneakers has his reasons. This is the one where he hits the top of his piano like he’s playing the drums. That’s gotta hurt. But then, we all got to dance like crazy and shout and dance some more and jump. I totally gave in.
  • All at sea - Always gets me straight to the core. Love that!
  • On his “slow” part, he sang But for now and Old devil moon. Believe me, if I get a man to sing me either of the two or How deep is the ocean… well, you’ll probable have to pick me up with a sponge, cause I will have melted…
  • High and dry - He finished with this song and had a whole section where he and the band experimented with new sounds and stuff. It was fabulous as always. Then thanked the audience for being fabulous. Of course they got a standing ovation. He sang it so slow and quiet… it was heartbreaking.
  • I could've danced all night - The band came back out and did this as an encore of course. It was awesome! The energy of the crowd was great! He made us all get out our self phones and jump up and down and they turned the lights down. It looked totally cool. I was able to look back and up at the balcony and all you could see were a bunch of lights jumping up and down. Soooo fun!

So, of course, another fabulous Jamie gig!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Star Wars Day: May the 4th be with you

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Chez Agnes Illustrations: Say Spah