I find these days with some surprise and a touch of irritation that we about to say goodbye to the decade ... And here I am a mess!.
It seems incredible how time flies. What a great cliché, uh? ... but what a great truth. 10 years ago I was a little girl who abandoned the dream of becoming a doctor by the illusion of the options raised ahead in the business world; and today I am working in the fast consuming goods marketing seriously considering a shift towards fashion. It seems that the end of the decade are my thing!
In the past 10 years many things have happened, and I think it's worth doing a little balance, even at the cost of feeding the topic, to entertain everyone a while. So, what do you say?
During the 2000’s, I’ve:
- Studied 2 degrees, done 4 international courses (in Copenhaguen, New York, China and London) and started an MBA on Managing Fashion Companies.
- Changed of work (internships included) 4 times, living me that to work for 5 different companies.
- Travelled around most of Spain, and some other pretty interesting places around the world such as Denmark (what a great and unforgettable summer), Berlin (my god… I still remember the Pub Crawl!), and Oslo, New York (such great friends found there, even if some were discovered much later) or China (which was a more than incredible experience altogether. Unforgettable, awesome… you name it), Milan, Paris (for the second time, in the most wonderful girl-adventure), Rome (at last) or London.
- Been editor in chief of 2 magazines (one behind the scenes, one until I was pissed and tired of being pushed away)
- Engaged with harry Potter in the most wonderful of the adventures (and yes, wished he had died in the last book).
- Been part of the birth of a Club
- Declared myself to a guy. Even if I found it ridiculous at the time, I must confess I’ve never regretted it.
- Got more drunk than desirable, but enjoyed it a hell of a lot
- Lost some friendships, earned a few more. Cherished the ones that have stayed, with a couple of very special mentions: Martina (whom I miss endlessly) Marta (one of the best things of the decade), Álvaro and SadEyes (this was our decade!!!)
- Fallen in love several times. Couldn’t be… and never was.
- Been to the concerts of the decade: Star Wars and Lady Gaga
- Gone to the weddings of most of my cousins (assisted to their introduction to parenthood too), and a couple of friends. And the “silver wedding” of my parents too.
- Read tons of books: Historical novels (The Tudor era is my fav), Several sagas (Potter, Eclipse, True Blood, Gossip Girl)
- Watch another ton of TV series… Glee, House, Brothers & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, E.R. (even if it wasn't of this decade), Sex and the City, Gossip Girl, Project Runway...
- Had surgery on my eyes, and said goodbye to glasses. It wasn’t that I didn’t like wearing glasses… I loved it, but it was very uncomfortable not to be able to go to the beach without them, for example.
- Hundreds, thousands of fashion magazine pages read, learned, observed and cut out. Lots of envy. A resolution and an MBA.
- Bought my first Loewe handbag... and got a second one too (thanks parents!)
- Picked up ski, again!!! I had forgotten who much I enjoy it!
- Succumbed to the world of facebook (and meeting Marc Zuckeberg too) and twitter (insert link here)
- Assisted to pretty interesting conferences, and been invited to participate in one myself too.
- … and started this blog, which has turned 5 years during 2010, even if I haven’t celebrated it.
I bet I forgot another ton of things. Thanks a lot for sticking around. May the next decade find us together again.
See you on the other side.
[Don't know where I got the image from, sorry!].