Unexpected

I exit the tube, swearing because of the heat, and find the terrible landscape that Colón Square has become. Everything is full of dust and noise due to the constant building which is taking place in a huge part of the city.

I long for the Madrid we've lost, only for a while more - or so we all hope -. It's then that I suddenly discover a wonderful smell. A smell of spring, of rich flowers, of colours. I turn around, desperate to find it's source, and there it is: the flower kiosk. Surrounded by dust, by uncompleteness, by white and grey and noise, it stands proud, little and colourful.

I can't hel but stare, and smile... so unexpected.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Lunes de los 5 Sentidos 734

Memorias y libros en primera persona para los que quieren vivir en los zapatos de otro