5 Senses Monday 159


SEEING
I went to a vintage fair this weekend… and was slightly disappointed. Even if some of the exhibitors had very lovely pieces (and I’m thinking of those lovely burgundy shoes, or the place with the real vintage), many exhibitors had plain old clothes (Zara garments from the 90’s don’t qualify as vintage last time I checked) and others overprized stuff (and I’m thinking of you, British Lady, that tried to sell me vintage fashion prints for 50€ when I’ve bought them for 30€ in Notting Hill). Nevertheless, I got myself a lovely mink cap that, given the trends shown in the latest runway shows; it’s going to be a blast.
Fui a la Feria de Moda Vintage de la estación de Chamartín este fin de semana, y volví bastante decepcionada. Incluso habiendo varios puestos con propuestas más que interesantes (como la señora de los zapatos granate que estuve a punto de comprar o la francesa con inmejorable género), muchos puestos sólo tenían ropa vieja (porque la última vez que chequeé, la ropa de Zara de los 90 no era considerada vintage), y otros presentaban precios demasiado elevados (como la inglesa que pretendía venderme láminas de figurines antiguas – de las que hago colección – a 50€, cuando yo las he comprado en Notting Hill por 30€). Aún así, acabé comprándome un casquete de visón precioso que, visto lo visto, será un exitazo el invierno que viene.

SMELLING
Just toasted bread always makes my mouth water. God… even thinking about it makes my mouth water… and if you think about how delicious it will be with a little ham and tomato… I’m going to stop now before I drown myself.
El pan recién tostado… es un aroma que hace que se me haga la boca agua al instante. Y la perspectiva de untarlo de tomatito y aceite y ponerle unas lonchitas de jamón… bueno, que lo voy a dejar que veo que me ahogo.

TOUCHING/FEELING
After my first samba class I must confess there are muscles in my waistline hurting I didn’t know they existed before Thursday. That said, the ecstatic feeling and the happiness during and after the class is something not even those muscles are going to make me regret. Such a good idea!
Después de mi primera clase de samba he descubierto a través del dolor que hay músculos en mi cintura cuya existencia desconocía. Bien es cierto también que ni siquiera dichos músculos me han aguado la felicidad y el bienestar posteriores a la clase. Qué buena idea apuntarse.

TASTING
We had this wonderful mushroom and béchamel dish on Saturday. We ordered it without even knowing what it was, but because it looked delicious on the table beside us. We weren0t disappointed… it was nice!
Comimos un menjunje de setas y bechamel buenísimo el otro día en la despedida de una amiga… de hecho, tenía una pinta tan apetitosa desde la distancia que lo pedimos sin saber que era cuando se lo vimos a los de la mesa de al lado… y ¡qué rico!

LISTENING
I have been listening the "latest in" list on my ipod for far too long, so when this morning I decided to give it a go to the whole list and this song blasted through my headphones, I was very happy and motivated. I know, the lyrics aren't precisaly happy, but the song has so much energy... I added this song because I heard it in Project Runway (that week's challenge was to design the clothes for the video) and inmediatelly fell in love with it. So I hope you like it.
He estado demasiado tiempo escuchando la lista de "agregadas recientemente", así que cuando esta mañana he decidido darle al aleatorio de toda la biblioteca y esta canción ha resonado en mis oídos, me he sentido muy contenta. Vale, la letra no es de lo más alegre, pero la canción tiene una energía increíble, perfecta para empezar la semana. La escuché por primera vez en Project Runway (el reto de la semana era diseñar un look para el video) y me enamoré de ella, así que espero que os guste.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Lunes de los 5 Sentidos 734

#ChezAgnesWritings: Sorpresas de Primavera