5 senses Monday 94

SEEING
I'm glad my visit to the Yves Saint Laurent exposition has given me the opportinity to make my own very small tribute to François Lesage, embroiderer, who died on saturday after more than 50 years of fabulous work for Chanel, YSL, McQueen or Balenciaga. His work was greatly recognized by all designers, who considered him as the last great embroiderer. Here you can see 2 of his most famous pieces, the Van Gogh Jackets, which can be seen at the expo in the Mapfre Foundation.


Me alegra mucho de que mi visita de ayer a la exposición de Yves Sain Laurent de la Fundación Mapfre me haya dado la oportunidad de hacer mi pequeño homenaje a François Lesage, el  bordador, que murió el sábado después de más de 50 años de trabajar al servicio de los grandes de la costura como Chanel, YSL, McQueen o Balenciaga. Su trabajo siempre fue reconocido por sus colegas diseñadores, que lo consideran el último gran bordador. Aquí podéis ver una muestra de dos de sus más famosas piezas, las chaquetas Van Gogh de YSL, que podéis ver en la exposición.



SMELLING
The new coffee blends of Nespresso I bought with Martina on Saturday: chocolate and vanilla (I have to admit, I couldn't bring myself to get the Cherry one)... they smell of Christmas.

Las nuevas mezclas de Nespresso que compré con Martina el Sábado: vainilla y hocolate (no fui capaz de rendirme a la cereza)... huelen a Navidad.

TOUCHING/FEELING
My new nephew, Raúl, who I finally met on tuesday... isn't he lovely?


A mi nuevo sobrino, a quien conocí y tuve en brazos durante toda la noche del martes... ¿no es adorable?

TASTING
My first Christmas meal with my K's colleagues (and those who where, but aren't anymore). We had so much fun, and a wonderful meal at Biotza... for a very reasonable price!


Mi primera comida de Navidad con las chicas de K (y con las que lo fueron). Nos lo pasamos fenomenal y comimos tan bien por un precio la mar de asequible en Biotza, que es para repetir.

LISTENING
"Cough syrup" by John the Giant is one of those songs that has appeared on my Ipod list without even thinking about it and earns at least one repeat anytime it appears.

"Cough syrup" de John the Giant es una de esas canciones recientemente añadidas a mi blog que, cada vez que aparece en la lista de reprodución, merece un repris.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Ilustraciones Chez Agnes: Bienvenida primavera

Los broches de Lea Stein