Inner debate

"It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes, that's why you sometimes need really special shoes!

I have to totally agree with the sentence above, though, but I would gladly add a little something to it: “and a very special handbag too”. Otherwise, how would you carry on with your daily troubles in glamour? PRECISELY.

This quote from Carrie Bradshaw on my ever favorite Sex and the City show (I miss you!!!), would be perfectly applied for my dear friend Sad Eyes, whose obsession to this cute accessories is way beyond my reach…

But we’re not talking about her today.

You see… before Christmas, I had a plan. I was going to buy with my bonus a wonderful Loewe handbag from the Heritage collection, a shoulder bag that was supposed to be black or chocolate brown that I could use on a daily basis, and that would resist… it was cheap, too (quality/brand/price relation considered), and it was the perfect way of having a classic but modern bag, from a quality manufacturer all in one.

I didn’t get to buy it… but it was just because Loewe isn’t precisely in my everyday itinerary to work/home, so…

So my parents (how lovely of them), tried to get it for me as a Christmas present. And I say TRIED, because it was sold out by the time they got the chance to go and buy it… so they got another one (a very ugly one I must say) from the brand, so I could exchange it when more handbags were received… Something that didn’t happen, and resulted in me buying another Loewe bag: The VIENTO variation… very awesome, but a wee bit more expensive. Not that I regret it, though. I'm totally in love with it.

So when I was told about the new bonus, I said “well, this certainly is my time”. I made up my mind and went for the original bag… until I saw it, and found out it was way smaller than I expected, so small indeed, that not even my purse (which is big, I admit) would fit.

So, what now? WHAT? I was shown by the evil shop assistant something my eyes could not be torn off of. THE AMAZONA. Renewed for its 35 anniversary, in a modern colour, and a wonderful texture. Who could resist such a temptation?

The problem is, it’s expensive. Double the amount of the budget I had in mind for the other bag. I made a test in Twitter and my followers all believed the best thing to do was to buy it. Dad says is way too much. Mum doesn’t want to comment but I guess in her inner core she hopes I’ll get it. So… what to do, what to do?

I'll guess you'll have to wait and see.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Ilustraciones Chez Agnes: Bienvenida primavera

Los broches de Lea Stein