Totally worth it

Great persons aren’t made. They’re born. It takes gestation, incubation, sacrifice. A lot of sacrifice. But after all the studying, the effort, and the tears and sweat are washed away, that person you become: totally worth it*.

Ok, OK, I know this may sound… I don’t know… pretentious? But it really isn’t. The reason I can say that is because I’ve gone through all the process, including the bit in which someone tells you something’s wrong with your life (someone that really matters, anyway), and I’ve finally got to that point in which I’m realising that that previous statement is true. The person I’ve become? Totally worth it.

That very same person who rang the alarm at first, is the one that got be thinking about this in the beginning. Just a few days ago he told me how much I had changed, how deep the change was, and most important, what a good result I have achieved. I believe him because he’s one of those people who just tells you the truth, whether you like it or not, and it’s completely sincere about his opinions. That’s not the only opinion I have on the matter, anyway. Many people have recently told be I look prettier, which probably is only a reflect of the way I feel. And I feel happier. I’m this kind of person, you know, transparent, just like water. So I suppose the fact that I look good, is precisely because I feel good. And I’m rambling now, aren’t I?

In any case. I can say, right now, that I’m happy with my life. Sure, they’re things I can still change, and some others that I wished they weren’t the way they are, but generally speaking. I’m happy. I have a good job, surrounded by nice people. I have plans for a beyond wonderful trip to China. I’m healthy, and so is my family. I have good friends.

And I can finally say I’m starting to look like the person I want to be so… this person I’m becoming: Totally worth it.

* Quoting Meredith Grey, but making my own version of her statement.
.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Recomendaciones de Agnes: “La Canción de Aquiles” y “Circe” de Madeline Miller

Lunes de los 5 Sentidos 734

#ChezAgnesWritings: Sorpresas de Primavera